Happy Wednesday! I'm definitely glad to see that the week is half way over, but can we just talk about how crazy it is that it's November already?! It is insane that there are only two months left in this year, and Thanksgiving will now be here before we know it! It's hard to imagine the holidays being so close because it has still felt like summer here. Anyone else experiencing super warm weather still? Anyway, enough about the weather...
If you have been a reader of Middle of Somewhere for awhile, you have probably figured out that there are a few trends that are tried and true for me, and that I love to incorporate various ways into different outfits. I try to get the most use out of everything that I buy, and hate nothing more than wearing something only once or twice before I get sick of it. When buying clothes, I definitely gravitate toward specific styles, most of which are fairly basic pieces that can be mixed and matched different ways. Today I wanted to share with you guys five outfit trends/pieces that can be worn all year long, no matter what season it is!
1. Leopard - I know you've seen me wear leopard print everything (slip on shoes, heels, foldover clutch, etc.), and that's definitely for good reason. Leopard print is totally a neutral in my book! Clearly, wearing it in the form of accessories is my favorite way to rock this trend because a little bit can go a long way in terms of adding visual interest to an outfit. Be sure to check out the other lovely blogger I have been collaborating with for #bloggersFALLfor series at the end of this post to see how they styled their favorite leopard pieces.
2. Ankle Boots - I love wearing ankle boots all year long, especially in the late summer/early fall. Finding the right pair of tall boots can sometimes be a tricky feat, and ankle boots are often a lot easier to incorporate into any outfit. I love the way they look styled with both pants and dresses. Although I personally don't think I could pull it off, I think they look great with a cute pair of distressed shorts for summer as well!
3. Cardigans - Cardigans are the absolute perfect layering piece. I love throwing a cardigan over a tank or sleeveless dress in the spring and summer, especially when the A/C is turned up full blast in my office! They are perfect to layer over a long sleeve blouse with a scarf in the fall and winter too. I think I own a cardigan in every color, but it's especially important to own a few neutral ones, such a black and navy cardigan because they can pretty much be throw on over anything.
4. Distressed Denim - What does a good pair of jeans NOT pair go with? You know I am a total jeans girl. I usually build my outfits around the jeans that I am wearing for the day, and typically wear jeans at least 5 days of the week. I love wearing distressed denim with a pair of boots in the cooler seasons, and with a tank and cute pair of sandals in the spring and summer. I truly don't think you can ever have too many pairs of jeans.
5. Denim Jacket - Please tell me you have a denim jacket in your closet! If not, what are you waiting for? I am slightly embarrassed to admit that mine is from high school, but once you find a good one, you have to hold on to it! I pretty much throw mine on over everything, including maxi dresses in the summer and paired with a blanket scarf or statement necklace in the fall/winter. It would even be perfect to layer with a cardigan if it's extra chilly out!
What is your favorite trend to rock no matter what season it is?
Today I am excited to be joining 7 other beautiful blogger babes again for our fall trend series, which we will also be sharing on social media with the #bloggersFALLfor. This week is all about leopard. Head over to each of their blogs for more leopard outfit inspiration and keep following along as we share a new trend each Wednesday. Next week we will be sharing our looks incorporating bold lips/eye makeup!
Lindsay of Middle of Somewhere
Candice of Hello Pretties // Alexandra of Finding Alexandra // Chelsea of Simply Pett // Paige of Hometown Heels
*linking up with some of these lovely ladies